Saturday, January 9, 2010

Blogger "Dinnerland" Brought Tears To My Eyes!

...on my last post...her comment about self esteem ~ what is that?! I guess I haven't had any in so long that it really caught me off guard to read a comment that might suggest I have self esteem! Beginning to wonder who is this person living in me now? Have I been taken over by someone who has self esteem? someone who can take a compliment? someone who actually believes she might be beautiful inside and out? I've always been told I am fun, likeable and a good friend....the Bible says HE looks @ the inside not just the outside appearance....hard to grasp peeps liking the outside appearance too. I've never liked the outside appearance from the face down so why should anyone else? That is probable why I have no full length mirrors in the house and hate dressing rooms!! I may need some psychological help before I reach goal to help my mind catch up with all these thoughts!













"if you ever get mauled by bears, I hope they stay away from your face because I think you're cute." (that's what it says if you can't read the fine print)

that about says it all...........LOL

9 comments:

uh said...

I think being obese gives us all self esteem issues. I am considering counseling myself.

Dinnerland said...

Thank you for the shout out, I am glad to point out that you are developing some new self-esteem. I'd also say that I am going through therapy during this journey and it is worth it.... if nothing else, I'm gaining a 'vocabulary' for what I'm going through. Sounds kind of silly, since I am quite literate and have a vast vocabulary (as a matter of fact, I'm quite loquacious, te he) but my emotional literacy is a little shaky when it comes to me.
So: I recommend therapy, not for being crazy but for helping you become more and more whole along the way. As you shed the weight layers and find your core you without the 'fat' overlay (no offense, I am doing the same)-- it could really help you heal.
Just my 2 cents!!
Lots of love to you and warm fuzzies. Kiss yourself in the mirror and say you're worth it today!
Vanessa

meandmygizmo said...

awe ~ what great comments and love the 2 cents ~ no offense taken ~ good words of advice. Thanks!! ;-)

Shrinking Mommy said...

dinnerland has me chewing on a comment she left me too.... she is like that, ya know!

i need therapy too. i need to commit this week on finding a new therapist. thanks for posting this as a reminder to me.

Anonymous said...

Nice article you got here. I'd like to read more concerning that topic. The only thing it would also be great to see here is a few pics of any gizmos.
Katherine Watcerson
Cell phone jammer

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I have developed a new clean web 2.0 wordpress theme.

Has 2 colours silver and blue, has custom header(colour or image).
I am curently working on it, so if you have suggestions let me know.

You can view live demo and download from here www.getbelle.com
If you found bug reports or you have suggestions pm me.
Wish you a happing using.

many thanks to [url=http://www.usainstantpayday.com/]USAInstantPayDay.com[/url] for paying the hosting and developement of the theme

Blulfultsix

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Howdy

It is my first time here. I just wanted to say hi!