Monday, July 6, 2009

Post-Op Day 18

215

Monday thoughts:

This morning a friend @ work that's been on vacation asked to see my incisions ~ war wounds LOL ~ and there's nothing like showing your roll first thing on a Monday morning!

This afternoon I met up with a friend I worked with in SC. She was a soldier stationed in SC and is from St louis area. Her kids were with her. What a beautiful family she has! Anyways she treated me to a buffet dinner. First off it's been ages since I've been to a buffet....and I'm still on soft foods. The place took my dining out card so I got the kids rate of 7.99 (well actually she got the kids rate for me since she treated me) and that rate was much better than the $25.00 adult rate. I had a piece of fried talapia (I removed as much of the skin and breading as possible when I ate it). I got a scoop of black eyes peas, some mac & cheese and some mashed potatoes. I ate very slow, chewed well and made my focus the conversation over the food. The desserts didn't even tempt me. Overall I rate the evening a success ~ also came home and walked with hubby our normal 2 mile route! ;-) I had no stomach issues with this outing so I'm not sure what happened on the 4th of July that made such stomach pain.

No comments: