Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Review Keys To Success ~ Post Op Day 55

wt 205 (it's been up and down this week)

A good day to review why I had this surgery, where I came from, where I'm going to, how I'm gonna get there and the keys to success. My eating has been off for 2 days now ~ time to get control. I must only eat when hungry. I must weigh and measure all foods (been estimating). I must stop this grazing mode I've been in. I need to go back to the small salad plates ~ I noticed I used a paper plate last night...not needed!! Should I look @ carbs too or is that just gonna be way too much for me to focus on?! I track time, ounces of fluids, proteins and calories so adding carb counts in too might be a little much for me! Decisions, decisions.

keys to success ~ some tidbits I noted:

~ get a support network. (have it!)

~ commit to staying exactly on the pre-op diet. (did!)

~ commit to post-op diet fully. (did but been slacking a couple of days)

~ find ways to celebrate events that aren't food related. (can you say shopping?!)

~ keep good correct foods in the house and at work. (done)

~ avoid alcohol to the extent possible. (hhhhhhmmmmmmmm)

~ commit to taking small bites and chewing until food is dissolved. (if I don't I have troubles!)

~ commit to small sips. (done)

~ journal/blog regularly; chronicle success. (admit if I mess up like I did above)

~ measure myself monthly; log; take pictures. (doing it)

~ note NSV's as they happen. (I think I do!)

~ focus on hobbies; other interests. (been going to gym is that a hobby?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post is beyond awesome. I am always wondering what to do and what not to do so I will follow some of these tips.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.