I did the walk of shame today....
and I FINALLY went to a lapband doctor today, after not being checked in 3 years. I answered all his questions, he does not feel like anything has slipped or is wrong from my answers. I had the choice for an upper GI or not. I pick not and will rely on his expertise. He comes highly recommended in the local area so I have to trust he knows best and since I have no symptoms of problems.
Basically he was thinking the same as I have been thinking....I have learned to work the band instead of letting the band help me with my weight loss program. I have learned to graze on food, drink my calories and eat crap I shouldn't be eating. Duh on my part to fall back into my old bad habits. What was I thinking?! Or I wasn't I was just shoving life issues down my throat with food and drink!
So the scale was either 218.0 or 218.1 I couldn't tell. To me that is a huge weight gain in 3 years.
So I am reading the food and exercise information he gave and in the morning I plan to make some major adjustments....actually I just made one adjustment ~ I skipped the usual welcome home hot java with coffee creamer and had half an apple instead. Go me!
I know I can do this, I just have to WANT to do it, set some goals and get some self control. Nobody gonna do it for me.
Onward and downward I go!
2 comments:
You can do it!
I recently re-set my eating habits, cutting out (I know, ugh) all dairy, cold cuts, fatty meats, and simple sugars.
I have ONE 'treat meal per week… and in that, ONE meal (not a day long!) I do allow myself any of these otherwise 'forbidden' foods- so there is no 'never' in my eating, just 'wait until later.'
I'm also exercising, but eating is probably 80% of what it will take to bring weight down…
Good luck.
Don't forget: lots of water and hang in there. A re-set is really good and you were brave to go back to the lap band doc. Now make it worth it.
:-)
You can do it!!!
Post a Comment