Monday, September 21, 2009

Closet Cleaning 101

1. be in the mood.
2. don't be sentimental.
3. if you haven't worn it throw it.
4. if you can't wear it throw it.
5. if the material makes you feel yucky throw it.
6. if the item looks 30 years old it probable is, throw it.
7. if you are preparing for a household move....throw lots!!

Three closets, 12 huge garbage bags to the goodwill, I'm sure I'll review this list and go for it again over the next few months!

3 comments:

Amy W. said...

hahah, this is a great post. I need to do this.

Sarah said...

Great job... I've got the cleaning part down... it is the "throwing it" or giving it part I need to work on! :-)

Gen said...

I almost did not look at this post because I hate closet cleaning so much. Just ask my husband - it could be my biggest character flaw.

But, I love the feeling of getting rid of all that stuff! Need to do it soon.