Went to see my favorite lap band doctor this morning. He was dressed a little strange. Guessing the x-ray garb is for the protection of all, well everyone but the patient that is, LOL. He did a little tweak of a fill this morning under the flora thing x-ray ma bob (maybe I should google the technical name but does it really matter?!) Fact is he could see the port, the tube, the gizmo, the pouch that was created for me and we watched the fluid go in and down, a little tweak, more fluid in and down, interesting, wishing I could see a little better. Anyways his report was something like this "everything looks like it did the day I put it in". That is a good thing cuz my lap band brain often worries "did I eat too much that meal and stretch out my itty bitty pouch?!" He assured me my pouch looked great, keep up the good work, continue to eat good proteins, etc. Oh, and by the way, today....liquids, tomorrow next stage of foods, and the next day is the next stage of foods and back to normal after that.
Now my recent delima since last weeks visit has been trying to find a lap band doctor in the area I am moving to. The office that is the closest to my new home wants 500 bucks non refundable, goes nothing towards any of my care, just a flat 500 bucks to see my smiling face! (my face is really not worth that amount of money!) So I called the next one on the list...first visit 300-400 dollars, no fills, then upper GI, then a fill and each fill 111.00 ~ so I'm thinking "forget it, just give me a needle to have on hand incase of an emergency unfill". Dr Minkin set me straight on those thoughts and he is right, I need a local doctor, a local support system, etc. The lap band rep was on hand, gave me some info on where to go to and what to do and they will do all they can to help find me a new doctor in my new location.
On another note I made a trip to MI this past weekend and my Aunt Vivian has been cleaning out her closet and had the mother load of size 14s, 12s, 10s and etc etc etc! So I went through 2 totes of clothes, took capri pants that are very near being able to be worn by me and left jeans since I have so many already (and we are moving and I don't want to take more than I will use) ~ how exciting to enjoy the benefits of others losing weight before and faster than you!! I love having clothes travel to me, even if I have to pick them up!
onward and downward........
Here's a shot of the new to me clothes:
5 comments:
Your update is great! As are the "new" clothes. This appointment sounds like it did a lot to reassure you. We all need that at some point.
I'm surprised your current doctor can't refer you to someone where you are moving to with all the test results you just had done. Guess they don't want to give up their business.
Anyway, glad you described that floro thingy. Did you have to drink some white liquid so it shows your insides?
Sally ~ I did need the reassurance!
Sandy ~ my current doctor is doing everything he can to assist me in finding a new doctor and he will forward all my tests, records, etc ~ He is a great doctor and concerned about me having someone in new location before I move.
He also wants me to see the nutritionist in his office to go over the band rules, nutrition info, etc again before I go and he wants to see me one more time as well.
;-)
You lucky little girl, I bet Aunt Viv had some really nice things huh? I am so very proud of you Julie, and you look totaly awesome, but then you always did! With or without the band...you are your Mother's pride and joy! Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment