Monday, January 11, 2010

Forgive Me......

Dr Minkin for I have sinned....I ate things I shouldn't have eaten, I did not exercise and I had too many big girl drinks during the holidays. He asked something about was I talking about alcohol? I hung my head in shame and covered my face and shook my head yes...guilty as charged. He was not harsh but did say something about just think you didn't exercise and you over indulged and you still lost 6.8 pounds ~ you could maybe have lost 10 pounds or more! OUCH and oh so true and that hurt worse then a few harsh words ~ I'm such a moron ~ I know what to do and how to do it but I decided to "cut up" during the holidays!! We discussed things and decided no fill for me. I feel really comfortable with what I have right now and I'm almost to my max so I'm with the doctor, why fix something that isn't broken? Leave a little room for tweaking down the road. I go back in 8 weeks.

Basically last visit I was 195 and today I was 188.2 minus 6.8 lbs since 11/16/09 total weight loss 38.6 according to the doctor's scale.

Of course we all know I go by my scale!! LOL ;-)

He didn't take my gizmo away.....onward and downward!

6 comments:

TJ said...

Congrats on the loss!! I don't know about you, but I think a "slip" now and then is fine. Some times when you are always depriving yourself you can't last in the long term. Knowing I can have something every once in a while helps me fight off those feelings of "I can't do this forever". However, I have been trying to make sure that isn't an excuse to indulge all the time :D Every once in a while has

meandmygizmo said...

Thanks TJ ~ I was very strict on a diet for a year, lost 60 lbs, then came the holidays and life and gained back about 30 pounds so I know if I completely deprive myself I won't just have a "every once while slip up ~ I'll have a full blown I'm done moment" and it will be all over! ;-)

The Former Fat Girl said...

You loss weight !! that is the point ! I think sometimes we forget that we are human and that besides all the slips you still managed to not go down the road to nowhere which without the gizmo you would've ended up in no doubt. So take responsibility, dust yourself up and get back to it, you've done so well and you'll be right back up there soon enough !!

meandmygizmo said...

Thanks TFFG! I'm dusted off and moving onward and downward! ;-)

DB said...

You're doing great - big girl drinks and all - LOL!

meandmygizmo said...

Thanks DawnB! ;-)